Where to Play...
What is Smartphone Trivia!
Enjoy a night out with friends, family, and co-workers and test your general knowledge skills in a fast-paced trivia environment with challenges in between rounds for a competitive twist!
How To Play!
- It's FREE TO PLAY, open to the public, and run by one of our award-winning Masters of Ceremonies as your host.
- There is no limit on the number of team members a team can have, but we do recommend team sizes of no more than 8.
- Only one device is needed per team. Each team must have the SpeedQuizzing Virtual Buzzer App downloaded on their smartphone or tablet device. You can download the app in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Questions are read over a PA system to everyone in the space, and teams will have no more than 10 seconds to answer. The host will give all the necessary instructions during the event.
- There are 4 rounds, and each round has a different format:
- Round 1 - Keypad (15 questions)
- Round 2 - Buzzin' (15 questions)
- Round 3 - Nearest Wins (10 questions)
- Round 4 - Keypad (20 questions)
- Round 5 - FINAL Nearest Wins (1 question)
- Between rounds, we feature "Minute To Win It" style challenges, where each team sends up one (or sometimes two) representatives to try and complete the challenge before their opponent does. Teams that are successful in the challenge are awarded 50 points.
- At the end of the game, all teams will face off in a final nearest wins question, where the team with the nearest guess will win an additional 100 bonus points. This could be the difference between walking away with that night's prize and walking away with nothing.
- Games typically last 90 minutes. If you haven't played before, we recommend arriving 30 minutes early during the team check-in to make sure you have a seat and that you can connect to the game hub. This is also a great time to order some food and drink as there are always specials on trivia nights!
- At the end of the night, a prize is awarded to the top team, and their team photo will be posted on our social media channels for all to see!
- League Standings are updated at the end of each night on our Blog. All teams that compete each night are eligible to become the Smartphone Trivia League Champion for the season! A season lasts 12 weeks. League Champions get some pretty cool prizes - as well as bragging rights for the next 12 weeks!